Monday, July 20, 2009

Chicago trip days 10 - 12.


We went to the Illinois Railway Museum in Union Illinois, right near Aunt Pat and Uncle Matt's place and near my Grandparents house.

We started at the Museum and Noah was beside himself. We went on a short trip on a train to see where everything was and get a little tour. We then met up with Aunt Pat and Hannah, looked around a bit and had some lunch. We then took a long train ride, Noah got to pull the handle to make the train whistle blow, and promptly fell asleep on the train (as desired). We then looked in some more of the train 'sheds' and headed over to the Miller farm for some play and dinner.

At the farm, we pet the horses, kitties and dog, we threw rocks in the pond, took a ride on the ATV and had a nice grilled dinner and ice cream for dessert. It was a blast. Lily slept during most of the playtime at the farm and so did Daddy and Daddy had the camera so, I got pretty much no pictures.

On our way home we dropped by Lily and Noah's great Grandparent's (Nedza). We got there pretty late, so our visit was short but sweet. The kids ran around and gave hugs and got the rest of their yaya's out before the long drive home (85 miles). It was a full day, but we enjoyed every minute of it. One of my favorite days of the trip. One of my favorite memories as a child is being with my Aunt Pat and Uncle Matt and with the animals on the farm. It is refreshing and comforting to be far away with large vasts of land and silence from the hustle and bustle of big cities and everyday busyness.

Tuesday we hung out at the house. Took it easy and relaxed, played withthe kids inside and out, the kids took naps, and we recharged ourselves for the last two days and then our flight.

Wednesday we got to go visit with Grandpa Al and Buscia (Great Grandma Krol). We were unable to see her the week before, but were so happy to be with her on Wednesday. Her name is Adeline. Those of you know Lily's middle name is Adeline. She is named after her Great Grandma. We hope Lily will be like her in many ways. Aunt Helene was there as well as cousin Stephanie, it was good to see the family. Stephanie was a big hit with Noah and they played so well together. Thanks for all the help Stephanie! You were great!

Here are some pictures of Monday and Wednesday.

July 6th and 8th 2009

No comments: