Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our weekend.

So, we had been talking about going to Balboa Park for a few weeks now and planned to go over Labor Day weekend. Something happened that had us cancel our plans, so we decided to go this weekend. We also thought we'd stay in San Diego, but chose not to. Instead be had a nice dinner and got a couple of cool trinkets for Noah.

Balboa Park is beautiful and has all of these Museums and gardens. We only hit the Museums, but we sure did hit them. We started off at the Model Train Museum - this was Noah's favorite of the weekend. We could barely pull him away from this button that he can push to make this toy train run around and around. We then grabbed lunch, we sat on the grass and had lunch while looking at a nice fountain and all sorts of dogs and kids walking by. We then went to the Natural History Museum. It was pretty neat. There were Dinosaurs and Sharks and just cool stuff. Noah liked the Dinasaurioio (He got the oioio from saying Cheerioioio's and he tacks it on to certain words - pretty cute.) and the Whale and the fish and the water.

Then we headed over to a Discovery type center. This was cool, at first. He was able to play with some neat sciency type stuff, but then he got his finger squished in this sentence tumbler type thing. He split the side of this thumb, right near the nail bed as well as bruised his thumb nail About 3/4 of his left thumb nail is a bruise. We are pretty sure he will lose it and it will be uncomfortable for a long while. Every time he rolled over Saturday night he woke up crying. So, we have this thumb all gauzed so if it hits anything he has some padding. It was horrible and looks pretty painful. (Though tonight while giving him a bath it bled a bit and I think that took some of the pressure off.) We then got some dinner on the way home. Oh, Noah did get a taste of an Astronaut Ice Cream Sandwich at the Science Museum.

Today we started a little late. Noah slept long, I am thinking from Saturday's two short naps and just the long day we got to sleep in a bit. We were all in great modds as we headed back down to San Diego for another full day of fun. We started off this time at the Automotinve Museum. You can see it in about ten minutes with an almost two year old, but we dragged it out a bit. It was pretty neat. I loved looking at all of the old cars and motorcycles. I saw a Cuntash - something I haven't seen in years, loved it! We then went to 1/2 of the Air and Space Museum. There was a Star Trek Exhibit. We decided to do that first then the rest of the Museum after lunch. Monte geeked out and we couldn't get any pictures. They took some for us, but we were not about to pay out the nose for some cute but silly pictures of us. We then headed towards the Sports Museum for lunch. We took a brief (very brief) look around. It was pretty boring for us. We like Sports and all, but it was a San Diego Sports Museum and well, we are from Chicago. GO SOX, BULLS, BEARS and BLACKHAWKS. We grabbed lunch and walked over to a grassy area with some shade.

We then had the best lunch ever. Lily got to roll all over two blankets. A bunch of leaf bugs decided to dine with us. It was a beautiful day. Oh and yeah, the San Diego Airport is right across the street basically and we got to watch a ton of planes come in for a landing. How cool is that? (Noah and Lily and I actually drove up to John Wayne on Thursday night for dinner. We grabbed some fast food (blech) and sat in a parking lot to watch the planes all come in for a landing. Best free show ever! Thank you Mandi for the idea. We'll be doing that a lot once we buy this house and have a more limited budget.) Noah really really loved watching the airplanes. After we had our lunch, Noah and Daddy ran around the grassy area while Lily had her lunch.

Then we headed back for the air and Space Museum to see the rest of the place. It was cool, all of these Museums are pretty small, nothing like the ones back home, but neat nonetheless. There were a few places where Noah could sit in some airplanes and check all sorts of things out. He did a pretty good job getting in and out of things with his limited mobility. He really is favoring his left thumb. He holds it out and is learning to get in and out of things while putting the back of his hand on things for balance. That is if he isn't coming up to me and saying 'Momma, hand?' and dragging me wherever it is he wants to go. Anyways, it was a fun weekend. We headed home early, ran a couple errands on the way home, gave the kids an early dinner and bath and then bed which leads me here. Up later than I want to be, but I am compelled to get these pictures out tonight. It may be the last post for awhile. We find out Monday (tomorrow) if this is happening or not by Wednesday. Then, well 6 contractors, two parties and about 5 weeks later we could be moving into a new house.

Enjoy the photos. Hopefully they'll be in a better order this time. We didn't get a lot of Lily this time. She was mostly just along for the ride/walk, but she did have fun. She loves watching her brother do anything.

October 4th and 5th.

No comments: